Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nestled In and Logistics

View from front door

Kitchen

Dining Room, Guest Bed and Office

Powder Room
It has taken some time to finally get settled in, but the Gulf Stream camper is now feeling like home. The camper only measures about 6 feet across and is about 20 feet long. Everything I need is contained in its walls: a queen size bed, bathroom, kitchen, TV, cable, Internet, home phone, AC and heat. It is more like a bedroom and I treat it as such. Much of my actual daily living takes place inside the main house. And usually my evenings are spent in the camper. The girls do not stay or sleep in the camper with me. They have their own room in the house with my parents. This is not an ideal living situation but neither is moving back in with your mom and stepfather. We make the most of it and actually once the girls are put to bed it gives the rents and I privacy and a break from each other. Just a short walk through the back yard you'll find my Aluminum Nest.

2 comments:

  1. Living in a camper has a few advantages, not the least of which is if you want to go somewhere you never have to pack your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cozy and more functional than an ordinary bedroom. Thanks for sharing how it all looks inside.

    ReplyDelete